T-shirts are one of the most versatile types of clothing. Around for over 100 years, the T-shirt isn’t going anywhere.
What has changed is the way people shop. We live in an age where almost anything can be done online. Shopping for clothes is no exception. So how can your product stand out among the many competitors? Reviews matter when it comes to boosting sales. But not just any reviews — positive ones!
Good Reviews Mean More Business
Reviews make all the difference when shopping, especially online. How else will you secure sales once a customer lands on your website vs. the thousands of other businesses out there? You don’t just want them to visit your page — you want to convert that visitor into a paying customer.
- Research indicates that positive reviews will more than double the likelihood that customers will trust your brand and make a purchase.
- Social media is everywhere! It gives evidence that social proof is huge when it comes to driving sales — people are drawn to the brands they see their favorite influencers using or promoting.
- Positive reviews also help with brand visibility. Customers may not realize it, but when you receive positive reviews from them, this helps rank your business when people search for things like “best T-shirts” on search engines.
Not convinced? Here’s a real-life example: True Classic If you visit our True Classic Reviews, you’ll notice that our products have thousands of great reviews. At a glance, the positive reviews instill trust that your purchase will be high-quality. These reviews help us continually get new customers and keep existing customers coming back.
How Can You Secure a Good Review?
You already have an awesome product. How can you make sure you get a great review?
- Ask for it! The most trustworthy brands try to build a relationship with their customers. Once your customers place an order, let them know when it’s on the way. Then send them a note asking them to give their thoughts on their purchase once you know they’ve received it. Keeping the lines of communication open goes a long way to securing a positive review. Bonus: Automate the process of sending out these emails.
- Keep it simple. The more simple the review request is, the more likely your customers will fill it out. Don’t make it overly complicated to create a review, requiring registration or anything else. They should be able to click a link and give their thoughts by selecting a star rating next to different items (like quality, fit, etc.) or a general star rating with an optional comment box. Bonus: Entice your customer by offering a discount on their next purchase for submitting a review.
- Let them know you care. Communicate to your customers that you care about their opinion. Especially if they mention any concern about your product, engage and work to make things right. This will ensure that they can update their review once the issue is corrected, or that they will be repeat customers and you will secure a positive review the next time.